Hello my lovelies!
I told you in my last post that this one was going to focus on feeling and healing your chakras, so that’s what I’m going to do! As I stated in my last blog post, a blocked chakra can cause both emotional and physical problems. The most effective way to tell if you have a chakra blocked and how to open it is by meditation. When you identify a blocked chakra, you need to work to open it, but you can also have problems when a chakra spins too fast.
During meditation, you don’t really have to worry about trying to slow down chakras that are spinning too fast, they are simply trying to compensate for the ones that are blocked. By healing the blocked chakras, the energy can flow properly and the fast ones will slow down on their own.
When meditating on the chakras, you need to make sure that you work with them all because they are such an intimately connected system. Each chakra needs several minutes of attention so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to complete your meditation.
- To start, find a quiet, peaceful place where you will won’t be disturbed for the duration of your session. Sit on the floor with your legs crossed, back straight (but not rigid), and your hands resting on your knees. *Sometimes I sit on a folded blanket to make it more comfortable.
- Next, close your eyes and bring your attention to your breath. You don’t need to change it in any way, just relaxed, focused breaths. Try and clear your mind as well, if you find your thoughts beginning to wander, just *gently* push those thoughts aside and return your focus to your breath.
- Now you’ll want to bring focus to your root chakra. Visualize a glowing red energy spiraling around the chakra. If you have trouble with this, that typically means that the chakra is blocked. Visualize energy coming up from the earth and add it to the energy already in your chakra. This will help bring it into balance.
- Repeat step 3 for each other chakra with their color association: Sacral (orange), Solar Plexus (yellow), Heart (green), Throat (blue), Third Eye (indigo), and Crown (purple). Give each chakra enough patient attention and focus until you can visualize and feel the free flowing energy throughout.
- When you’ve finished all of the individual chakras, focus on the energy flowing through your entire system. Feel all of the chakras at once being fed by the energy. See the chakras and your aura becoming lighter and brighter
- Finally, open your eyes and relax for a few moments, feeling both relaxed and energized, filled with that life-giving energy.
I hope that this post has been helpful and that you feel ready to try some chakra meditations on your own! Let me know how it goes for you!
Until next time friends – Peace, Love, and Light – Heather